Bait survival depends on a healthy slime coat on the fish you are transferring. The Double-Fine Mesh Net and Wet-Net (patent pending) are setting the industry standard.
The Wet-Net plastic insert allows the fish to remain submerged in water while transferring quantities of bait each pass. A single fish transfer is not as necessary with this unique net design. Additionally, the fish do not resist and flee the clear panel like a white mesh net, therefore there is less chasing and calmer bait.
These new designs create an environment where bait can be handled with the least damage possible to the transfer of baitfish, aquarium fish, and hatchery fish. The medium and large sizes come with a collapsible handle and retractable head for easier storage. They came out in black when released in 2017 but now are manufactured in brushed aluminum, including a useful measuring device inscribed.
These nets are made with double layers of fine mesh which helps reduce slime coat removal. The double-layer design extends the life of the net. The benefit this Double-Fine Bait Nets provides over the Wet-Net is less water resistance in the tank and less weight involved in the fish transfer, since this net does not retain water.
- Now available in three sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.
- The Small Mesh Net has a 20″ long fixed handle and is useful for transferring single baits from your Livewell.
- The Medium Mesh Net has a retractable 31″ handle (good for storage) and is useful for transferring multiple baits at the same time.
- The Large Mesh Net has a retractable 36″ handle that telescopes out an additional 27″ for a total of 63″ – great for using in your deep bait pens for moving large amounts of baits.
- The telescoping handle can also be used on the receiving head of the Medium Mesh Net.
Canada or Any Other International Purchases: Please place orders by phone only.