Nylon Tails eliminate the corrosion and electrical bonding problems associated with metallic fittings.
TruDesign Hose Barb Female Thread
TruDesign Hose Barb Unequal Female Thread
TruDesign Tails are molded from a glass-reinforced nylon composite. High strength, high-modulus glass fibers within the nylon composite provide dramatic strength, stiffness, toughness, and dimensional stability. TruDesign Tails eliminate the corrosion and electrical bonding problems associated with metallic fittings. Tail fittings are designed for twin hose clamps and to never crush.
MPN: 91180 Product Code: 2344 Nylon Hose Barb Unequal 1.125″x 1” Female NPS Thread
MPN: 91252 Product Code: 2357 Nylon Hose Barb Unequal 1″x 1” Female NPS Thread
- Manufactured from a glass-reinforced nylon composite – High strength and lightweight
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis – Long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion
- Chemical resistance – Unaffected by diesel, petrol, or chemicals
- UV resistant – Will does not degrade or discolor with ultraviolet light from the sun
- High-quality surface finish – Will does not discolor with green film as similar bronze fittings do
- BSP and NPS (Parallel) threads – Universal compatibility to TruDesign Ball Valves, threaded fittings, and other marine components
- Large operating temperature range – Suitable for all marine environments, from -40°C to +110°C
The connecting thread type is NPS and clearly marked on the side of the fitting along with size. Do not over tighten, simply allow the adhesive sealant to provide the seal and orientation of the fitting. Apply twin hose clamps for a secure hose connection and check tightness regularly.
Thread sealing options: – 3M 5200 – 3M 5200FT (fast cure) – Sikaflex 291i – Sikaflex 591 – Loctite 5331 – Loctite 55 Pipe Sealing Chord – PTFE Thread Tape
TruDesign fittings (in both black and white) are suitable for contact with petrol & diesel fuels. However, TruDesign Ball Valves, Aquavalves, and Non-Return Valves should not be used in direct contact with petrol or diesel as the nitrile o-rings may swell affecting their sealing and handle-turning performance.
Download PDF for drawings and specifications.
Canada or Any Other International Purchases: Please place orders by phone only.
|Dimensions||5 × 4 × 3 in|
Unequal 1.25" Female, Unequal 1" Female