Can be used on aluminum, steel, wood composite & GRP hulls.
TruDesign Nylon Skin Thru-Hull Fitting
TruDesign Nylon Skin Thru-Hull Fittings are molded from a glass-reinforced nylon composite. High strength, high-modulus glass fibers within the material provide dramatic strength, stiffness, toughness, and dimensional stability. TruDesign Tails eliminate the corrosion and electrical bonding problems associated with metallic fittings. Tails are designed for twin hose clamps, and to never crush.
Designed and made in New Zealand, TruDesign Skin Fittings (Thru Hulls) eliminate all corrosion and bonding problems associated with electrolysis giving peace of mind with respect to the safety of your vessel. Compatible with all hull types – Can be used on aluminum, steel, wood composite & GRP hulls. Fits TruDesign Ball Valves and other parallel BSP or NPS threads – Universal compatibility to TruDesign brand fittings and other marine hardware.
- Certified to ISO 9093-2 by the International Marine Certification Institute (IMCI, Belgium).
- Comply with ABYC H-27 standards when used in conjunction with the TruDesign™ ABYC collar.
- Certified by Bureau Veritas to ISO 9093-2.
- Manufactured from a glass-reinforced nylon composite – High strength and lightweight
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis – Long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion
- Chemical resistant – Unaffected by diesel, petrol, or chemicals
- UV resistant – Will not degrade or discolor with ultraviolet light from the sun
- High-quality surface finish – Will not discolor with green film as similar bronze fittings do
- Paintable – Paintable with all types of antifoul including Coppercoat™
- Large operating temperature range – Suitable for all marine environments, from -40°C to +110°C
The connecting thread type is BSP and clearly marked on the side of the fitting along with size. Do not over tighten, simply allow the adhesive sealant to provide the seal and orientation of the fitting. Apply twin hose clamps for a secure hose connection and check tightness regularly.
Thread sealing options: – 3M 5200 – 3M 5200FT (fast cure) – Sikaflex 291i – Sikaflex 591 – Loctite 5331 – Loctite 55 Pipe Sealing Chord – PTFE Thread Tape
TruDesign fittings (in both black and white) are suitable for contact with petrol & diesel fuels. However, TruDesign Ball Valves, Aquavalves, and Non-Return Valves should not be used in direct contact with petrol or diesel as the nitrile o-rings may swell affecting their sealing and handle-turning performance.
Download PDF for drawings and specifications.
Canada or Any Other International Purchases: Please place orders by phone only.
|Dimensions||5 × 4 × 3 in|